October 11, 2011

Crafty BFF-ness

On Saturday this past weekend, my BFF Heather & I had a day full of cooking and crafting!  We made pumpkin muffins and yummy cinnamon rolls.  More on those later...

First I have to talk about the wreaths we made, they are so cool!  We got the idea off the internet, where else?  I got some ideas off Pinterest:

coffee filter wreath, I think I have a thing for wreaths!    coffee filter pom pom balls and wreaths - jones design company  diy coffee filter wreath... i just may have wreaths ALL OVER the house.

Aren't they so pretty?  They are SO easy!!  You get a packet or two of coffee filters, we chose white but you can also do the tan-ish/brown ones.  You need a wreath ring, which you can get at JoAnn or Michaels or any craft store.  Also, you need a glue gun.  Here are my supplies, don't mind the monkey towel (we were working on my huge red ottoman as we watch girl movies like Pride and Prejudice and You've Got Mail and the towels were laid down to protect the red planet) or the Santa plate (cheap $1 store plate to lay the glue gun on) just the every day supplies of a professional crafter....lol...YEAH RIGHT:


You take the coffee filter and scrunch it up so that all the feathery tips are bunched together, and you put some glue on the bottom smooth part and stick it on the ring...


See?  It already looks cool!!!

Here it is, all done!  Here it is just sitting on my couch.  I figured I'd hang it up somewhere...


I think it looks way pretty on our red door:)  I may add some fall decor to it?  You can do so much to these!  A little spray glitter and some red or green ribbon and its a Christmas wreath!  Or an orange ribbon and some black decor for Halloween.  Or...some leaves and pumpkins and it's a fall/Thanksgiving wreath.  The ideas are endless.  It's such an easy and cheap craft - and could make a great gift too!!  It only took about 1.5 hours, not too shabby!

I love being crafty!  Ashley and I are working on the next craft...the letters B.O.O. decoupaged with Halloween scrap paper -it's so cute so far!  More on that later too!

This week has been so busy so far!  I am officially obsessed with couponing!  Oh the deals I have scored!!  For instance, Staples is running some great promos and rebates right now - last night I bought two reams of computer paper, a package of picture hanging hooks, and a pop up tape dispenser and I paid $13 OOP (out of pocket) but after rebates (easy ones to submit right online, no hassle) totaling $16 I will have MADE $3?!?  How does that even happen?  It's so crazy, so fun, and really so addicting!  I highly recommend the book by the Krazy Coupon Lady it really explains the whole process and how to get into this whole couponing thing.  I'll post more deals as I go, be prepared for a MEGA deal tomorrow from Shop Rite, it is going to be REDONK!!  I love shopping but I love saving money more - so couponing is awesome for me.

Ok I have to go to bed!  I did my 5K training Sunday and then again today and my body is really feeling it, ow!  But it feels great!  I have so much more energy to get things done at work and at home, its awesome:)

Night friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my {not so BLAND life} please leave a comment and let me know what you think, or what you are working on, or what you read, or what you are cooking...or anything! Thanks friend!