December 11, 2011

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack;)

Hello friends and family!

I have almost had this blog for a whole year!  Now, my posting was a little heavy early on in the year, not so much in the past few months.  The blog is evolving as my life does, I am learning and thinking of the best way to use it! 

You will see some changes over the next few weeks.  I am think of re-naming, re-designing, as I have been over the past few months.  I can't have it be a place just to talk about books, although I am crazy about books, there are a dozen (or two) other things I'd love to feature on this here blog.  I find that since I have it so limited that I will need to open it up to other things, I lose motivation in blogging when I don't have time to read.  But when I am not reading, I am doing so many other fun things.  I want to talk about these things! 

Life has been sweet lately!  I am enjoying special times with family.  I think the holiday season reminds me that time with my loved ones is fleeting, unfortunately.   I have to cherish every moment I can!  I can't ever get comfortable in living for myself, in selfishness, I want to always be thinking about the ones I love and making sweet memories with them.  I can remember when I was younger, how bland (lol) life seemed for people who were married and did the same things every day, being with the same people and seeming "tied down" to one specific way of life.  How wrong I was!  My life is never the same thing every day!  Even if it was, I would be so happy because of the people in my life who make it worth living for - My wonderful hubby and my crazy, growing-up-way-too-fast stepdaughter, my wild cat, and my loving parents and my brothers and sisters (Jonathan and my in-laws), my mother-in-law and all the other family that we spend time with.  They make life worth it every day. 

My "new" but now not-so-new job has been a dream come true.  I am incredibly lucky to be working in such a great school, being a counselor to 650+ adorable, rowdy students.  I love it!  I can't imagine doing anything else!  It feels great to finally be settled in a career that I enjoy, one that I know I will be a part of for many, many years.  It keeps me very busy, and wears me out daily, but it's all worth it. 

In my free time lately, I have been doing any amount of the following: couponing, cooking, running, decorating for the holidays, shopping for the holidays, reading, Pinning, crafting, and planning our Disney trip.  I want to be BLOGGING about all this fun stuff, it feels good to share with whomever is interested:)  Even if no one is interested, it's still fun to talk about it!  It's cathartic:)

 I need to tally up how many books I've read this year.  I dropped the ball with the whole reading 10 a month, but I know I've read more this year than any other year in my life - which is really fun! 

Anyways, I'm back and hopefully you (my few readers) will enjoy being a part of the blog again - I love being part of the blogosphere and can't wait to re-design and get rolling.  I think I'll go do some designing right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my {not so BLAND life} please leave a comment and let me know what you think, or what you are working on, or what you read, or what you are cooking...or anything! Thanks friend!