November 12, 2013

Our adventures with Elf on the Shelf




I'm in the Christmas mood.  I really am.  I want the tree.  I want to decorate.  I want to listen to Christmas music.  I told Dave that this Friday I am setting aside some of his paycheck money to do some Christmas shopping.  It's the BEST time of the year.  People are happy.  People are nicer.  Everyone is in a giving mood.  I really love it!!!

Dave won't let me decorate yet, though.  He's a "one holiday at a time" sort of guy and usually I am too, but this year I am just ready!!  I think I realized last year how fast it all went by, and so I figure if we start early - it'll be more fun.

Anyways, as I was thinking about the holidays, I thought about our Elf on the Shelf.  Renesmee.  Yes, we have an Elf on the Shelf, even though there aren't any young kids here.  Yes, we've named her Renesmee, after the Twilight baby.  Last year, after I learned about Elf, I really wanted one.

Now, I don't agree with using the Elf to curb good behavior out of my child.  I understand that others do, but I don't agree with it.  That's just me though.  I LOVE coming up with all the wacky and crazy ideas!!  I just love it.  I was afraid Ashley would think it was childish...actually, I'm sure she does, but she totally humors me and my childlike behavior.  I had so.much.fun with this last year.  I think that she and Dave did too.  I really am a kid at heart...it's embarrassing.  And awesome.

I think anything that makes your family laugh, and work together (Dave and I would be up late plotting and setting the "stage") and get in the Christmas spirit is a good time.  It doesn't have to be used as a behavior modifier...just have fun with it.  No matter what ages you have at home!

Here were some of the crazy things Renesmee did.  Please excuse the terrible pictures!  I'm talking Dave into buying a DSLR...I need better pictures for crying out loud!



She "ribboned" Ashley in here room.  What a hoot.


She got into our post its...


And did this on our {then not gallery walled} staircase.  Crazy elf!!


She stole some TP and did a little decorating...


I think she got stuck in the process!


She really loves chocolate, so I think she dipped into our cookie-making stash...


She built herself a buddy.  I guess we weren't paying much attention to her!?  Oh wow, look at that bright yellow paint in the kitchen.  I'm glad I fixed that.


She practiced zip lining.  I guess she's an adrenaline junky?


Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!


She found the mistletoe!!  Oh my!!!  Look at that line up of kissing suitors!!  We used this as a lesson of how NOT to act with boys.  Silly Renesmee.


She had to see what Twilight was about.  Apparently she read the whole series in a weekend!  That's my kind of Elf!


So that was our adventure last year with Elf on the Shelf.  I can't wait to see what she is going to do this year.  I think it's good training for Ash, because when we have another kid she will be in charge of the Elf.  I hope Renesmee will teach her some cool tricks!!!

Other things she did that I don't have pictures of:
Fishing in the toilet (dyed the water blue, put some goldfish crackers in there)'
Got into Ashley's makeup and made a mess - wrote a message on mirror with lipstick
Drew on all our family photos with a dry erase marker
She was kidnapped by the Christmas Hamster that sings and dances

Sooooooo.  Are you ready for Christmas yet?!?!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my {not so BLAND life} please leave a comment and let me know what you think, or what you are working on, or what you read, or what you are cooking...or anything! Thanks friend!