January 8, 2012

Why do we fail??

I was just surfing the web here and came across this. I am not a huge Dr. Oz fan or anything, I'm actually never home to see his show. Sometimes I catch the reruns on TV if I am at the right place and the right time (let's face it, I'm usually reading not watching TV!) and I do like what he has to say. This (click link below to video) spoke to me because he is talking about resolutions fail. He is talking more about better health which is a goal of mine, but I think all these concepts can apply to all goals we make. These are the top reason "resolutions" fail:

1. Discouragement - we mess up, or fail, and then quit
2. Not writing goals down
3. Not having a buddy
4. Meal Plan (aka actual PLANNING of a goal)
5. Sleep deprivation - a big one in health but also overall, who can get anything done when they are sleep deprived? Not me!!

Here is the Dr. Oz Video if you want to check it out!

So, I am going to listen to Dr. Oz!! I am going to expect that I fail in some of these goals, or that I may mess up or whatever, but it's not going to let me down. It is a process and if I could do any goal perfectly, well then it would not be a goal! I'll keep on striving for the goals I have set! I have already written my goals down, sorta, in my previous post. I am going to fancy it up a bit and make it pretty - so I can post them in the house too. I kinda have a "buddy" which is me sharing these with YOU - I would love it if you guys would post/comment your goals & resolutions on here too! Do you have a lot? Do you have just one? Are you nervous about making one? Plan plan plan, I am getting better at this. I bought a very lovely Erin Condren planner, details on that soon, and it helps me PLAN. Finally sleep, I love sleep! I am getting better at sleep - I usually try for at least 7 hours every night, I may try to bump that to 7.5 hours like Doc says. It's such an easy fix - and it's something I love to do. I call that a win/win.


Happy Sunday! Have a blessed and restful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my {not so BLAND life} please leave a comment and let me know what you think, or what you are working on, or what you read, or what you are cooking...or anything! Thanks friend!