August 23, 2012

Life these days...

Pin It!

This week has been a really crazy one.  I started back to work (school counselor) yesterday and while I feel ready for this year, I feel like I've been in a haze for the past 2 days.  I feel like I've worked and worked and really don't have a lot to show for it!  Granted, I've been in a loooOOoooot of meetings, and I've had to get my office ready (yeah...it's a mess right now) so it's ok that I havent done much else, but still, it's stressful.

This week, on Sunday actually, we decided to send Ashley to public school.  She's been going to her private school since K so it's a big change for all of us, but there were lots of reasons the decision was made, and we think it's best for us.  We'll see how it goes?  Her private school is SO expensive (if you don't know, you don't want to!) and with everything going on right now with our basement and the way we have to go about fixing it and possibly fighting for it, we just can't stomach paying for school when it's free, and we live in a great area so the school she will go to is such a good one.  Ash took the news really well, which makes it all the more bearable, it would be so much harder if she hated us for it, or was devastated, but she is actually excited, so that helps!  We've been busy getting her ready for that and we've all been stressed about it, so tonight she is at a sleepover and I am glad she is out having some fun in her last days of freedom and not being burdened by all the stress around here

Also this week, I got the devastating news that I am diabetic.  BAM.  One health issue after the other.  The doc told me a few weeks ago that the meds I was on for the allergic reaction could possibly "throw me" into a diabetic situation, and lo and behold, here I am:/  I'm trying not to freak out about it.  It's hard.  It's tough to find out that your body isn't working the way it should, and even more hard to find out that it could have been medicine that did it to me.  Dave, and my parents, seem to think my doc is off her rocker and that after a month or so my sugar levels will go back to normal.  I am really praying for that.  Dave (hubs) is type 1 and has been dealing with it for almost 7 years now, so he knows a thing or two about it.  I'm not on insulin yet...we are trying the pills first to see how that works.  I may get to go off them, or I may have to switch to insulin. The medicine that put me on has bad side effects, again, and I'm just over it.  I had taking medicine!  Grrrrr.....

I try to look on the bright side of all things, but we've been hit with a lot this week.  Heck, we've been hit with a lot these past 4 weeks, ever since we got back from Europe.  I guess it's a sign we should go back, lol;)  I'm doing ok with it all, I'm usually good with change, but I can tell my brain and body are simply fried.  I need to relax so I am taking the evening to do that!

I havent done much else to our house or with painting but as soon as I do I'll post!  I am debating on how to hang our pictures and shelves, etc, right now.  I need to add pops of color in here, so a (cheapo) trip to HomeGoods, TJ Maxx, Goodwill is forthcoming;)

What's been going on in your life??  Good things hopefully!!!

I'll leave you with a pleasant photo from 2 weeks ago when I went to the beach with Katie...ahhh peace;)

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about your health problems... That is certainly tough news to hear, and right before school starts again! I'm a teacher and know how blah this time of year can feel.

    http://lovelifelists.blogspot.com/

    Christen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my {not so BLAND life} please leave a comment and let me know what you think, or what you are working on, or what you read, or what you are cooking...or anything! Thanks friend!