September 9, 2012

Progress!

Pin It! 

Well, we didn't finish the to do list today, we actually ended up adding more to it.  We did put a dent in it though!  Now it looks like this...






Some of the things are bigger projects, like painting the whole stairwell and putting in a faux chair rail with paint, and getting curtains/window tx and cleaning out the guest room.  Those are all one a day projects themselves!

We did...paint the doors and trim...


What a difference a new coat of paint on a door makes!!  They look 1000000000 times better than before!


We cleaned the couch...


By we, I mean Dave!  Here he is all happy about his chore;) 

We also made Ashley's weekly schedule.  She needs a ton of prompting and reminding so we do this so that we don't have to tell her to do things a bazillion times, she has a set schedule and knows what she has to do and when, and that way there are fewer arguments because she knows ahead of time what we expect of her.  Plus she is a busy kid, so it helps putting it all on paper so we can remember and try to stay accountable, and try to be good parents.  It's hard sometimes!!  This definitely helps...


Dave did the dishes and cleaning the kitchen AND swept all the floors.   I heart him!


I took off all our ugly brass door handles and decided to do something about them.  I cleaned them in warm water and then wiped them down, then I went over them with those steely woolly things, then cleaned them again.  Then I sprayed them lightly with a primer, and then attacked them with ORB.  They look so much better!


Light coats, lots of coats.  Lots of light coats...


Here is a hint, don't spray paint on newspaper.  You'll pull your hair out.  Spray them on cardboard, or something else that won't stick!  They are all done but I am giving them a full day to dry.  I put a LOT of coats on them.


Then we worked hard to de-junk the place...


Mail got sorted, Goodwill stuff got taken out to the car, Frodo bombed more pics...


Painting stuff was put away, well...at least more neatly than it was!  It's living in a black tote over there until we are done the stairwell.


Speaking of, I started prepping the stairwell for paint.  I dimpled and fill the holes and nail pops and all the little imperfections.  I'll let this dry for a day (or 5) and then I'll sand it down and trim it out and then finally paint it!  I have very cool plans for this stairwell!


It was a productive day!  Plus, in the middle of all this chaos, we got to sit around together and watch football, and we went to Starbucks for the 1st Pumpkin Spice Latte of the season.  Plus!!!  I finished my book!  If you remember from my post yesterday, I was reading Legend.  It took a while for me to get into it, but I got hooked on it yesterday and sped through it and finished about 2 hours ago. 

All in all it was a great weekend!  Got lots done, spent time with family yesterday (before the storm), and got to enjoy the whole weekend with Dave!  He's been off on the weekends lately and that has been really great!  I'm not ready to go to work - it's going to be a busy busy week!

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my {not so BLAND life} please leave a comment and let me know what you think, or what you are working on, or what you read, or what you are cooking...or anything! Thanks friend!