February 17, 2011

Books 5 & 6

Good evening!!

So, right now, I am reading TWO books at once!  WHOA! 

Breaking Free is a bible study type book - so it's hard to sit down and read it straight through in a day or two.  So I also started Wuthering Heights as well (PS - I always want to say WURthering Heights, so forgive if it comes out that way, its hard to change my ways, lol!!) I can switch between them.  It's nice being able to multi-task, isn't it?

Breaking Free is ok, I feel like my generation of Followers is less touchy-feely, more lets-get-to-it in our Christianity.  I don't mean to be disrespectful at all, I'm just trying to find the words to define who I am in Christ.  I feel like Beth Moore takes a long, touchy-feely way of saying: you need to give up what binds you, and find peace and freedom in Christ.  The way I am, its cut-and-dry for me....just tell me, "Tina, get over yourself and your crap, give it to God and be free!"  Also, breaking free of some stuff (like worry and anxiety about money or a job, or having a family, etc) may be a lifelong journey for me.  Something I am always praying about, always seeking God's will in, it's never ending.  I'm ok with that, I want freedom from it and hopefully one day I will have it.  I'm trying to put it all into words.  Some of those bible study books are geared towards certain Followers, and I don't think this one is for me.  I am going to finish it though.  I love all the scripture in the book - who wouldn't?  I do like the journey of the study, it does help me look at my life and apply some things - I just wish it wasn't as flowery, that's not quite the right word but hopefully you get my meaning!

On to the next, Wuthering Heights.  This one takes some getting used to - the language is so different.  Emily Bronte wrote this book in the 1800's so you can imagine the way they spoke and conversed in England back then - it's a tad harder to comprehend than the language we know today!! I'm sticking through to the end with this one, I've always wanted to read it, this is one of those Classics I MUST read, must;)  Plus I have this really cool, very very old edition of the book, maybe a second edition, its so lovely!  I can imagine by grandfather and his sister reading it back in the mid-1900s, and maybe their mother reading it before them, so cool.  The pages are all yellow and smelly, is it weird that I like that?  I'm only a few chapters into it, so I have no real opinion yet.  Stay tuned for that!

Tomorrow I am working on my craft room more - wait until you see what I am going to do, I am so excited!!!  More on that later:)

Oh and I got a job!  YAY!!  I am donig another school counseling sub position, starting in March, good experience in a school in Harford County, about 10 mins away.  I couldn't be happier!  Hopefully this will give me a GOOD GOOD chance of getting a permanent job next year, Lord willing!  This position will go until the end of the school year.  Good times, it'll be nice to have extra money again, lol!

Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my {not so BLAND life} please leave a comment and let me know what you think, or what you are working on, or what you read, or what you are cooking...or anything! Thanks friend!