February 21, 2011

Subway Art!!!

I have been looking at all these awesome blogs and so many people do this cute thing called, "Subway Art".  It can be anything that looks subway-ish, that I can tell.  A lot of people do this with a machine called Silhouette, which I reeeeeeeally want but it costs $300.  I'd settle for a Cricut....siiiiiigggggghhhh....but those are almost just as expensive.  Anyways, I figured I could do this art, on the computer, and just frame it instead of putting it on a pretty piece of wood or something.  I can do this!!!  And I did - its so cute!  I did this for our NYC dining room.  I did this on Power Point because you can stretch the text box past the borders of the page which make it look cool.  I used the Gothic type font, and put each word in a different font size.  What do you think???

I tried to put all my favorite places in NYC, plus the main spots.  Then I mounted some really cute fabric onto the back of the board that came with this frame, and then I stuck the Subway Art to that! So tell me what you think?!?  Not bad for not having the right equipment, right??  With this I can only do a 8x11 - unless I print on separate paper and use Modge Podge - that's a good idea.  I'm going to do this in a few places in the house.  Oh man, I love doing new things, that work out nice!!  YAY!!

Onto literary things, I am halfway through my Julia Child book, and I've started putting together the pattern for my project out of the Martha Stewart book!  I'm doing an apron, since I'm addicting to cooking!  So I'll post pictures of that hopefully tomorrow, plus give my review of the book AND post my craft room pictures - its done!!  Well, not DONE done, but the things I worked on this weekend are done.  ITS SO CUTE!  Come back soon:)

Linking up with a bunch of places with this one, including one of my faves: Tatertots and Jello she does a link party every week!

3 comments:

  1. I love it! And I love your blog, you've done good, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I bet it looks super cute in the dining room. Question for you...if I came over one day with stuff to make dividers would you help me make them? I really want to make them for my portfolio, but I'm afraid that if I try on my own that I will seriously mess them up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! My sister in law would love this! She lives in NYC!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my {not so BLAND life} please leave a comment and let me know what you think, or what you are working on, or what you read, or what you are cooking...or anything! Thanks friend!