January 6, 2011

Sookie Stackhouse novels - your thoughts?

Dead until Dark...I give it a 3.5 overall.  It was good, I liked the flow of the book and the little tragedies and twists the author throws into the story!  It was very "adult", lots of adult talk and situations, some of it wasn't too bad, some was more than I wanted to read.  But overall, I didn't get too hung up on that stuff.  Dark vampire stuff!  Sookie Stackhouse is a good character, I like her a lot.  The book has some mystery in it that keeps you wanting to read it and see what happens.  Even as it ends, it leaves me wanting more.  I'll probably get the next book for February, I know there are a bunch in the series!

Read it and let me know what you think, or, if you've read it, I'd love to hear your thoughts too!  I think that if I hadn't read Twilight first, I'd probably like this one more - but alas....I'm a Twilight freak so that will always have my heart :)

I'm halfway through book 3 already!  I'm reading Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks, I've read all of his books and have a love/hate relationship with them!  On one hand, they are easy reads and always have me hooked, but they always always ALWAYS have tragic parts that make me want to die!  This one is good so far, is about a woman who has a past of domestic violence and is trying to make a new life in an NC town, and falls in love - I can sort of figure out whats going to happen with this one, but we'll see if I'm right about it!  I have to admit that besides cleaning and organizing our office/scrapbooking extra bedroom for an hour or so, all I've been doing today is reading:)  But, that's all I had on my agenda today, our room was REALLY messy so I feel like I did accomplish something today which makes me feel less guilty for reading the rest of the day!  Here....look at this change!!


 good gracious what a scary mess!
 now its all organized!
 everything has a place, that's my motto!
 floor is cleaned too:)
what was once a crazy mess is now organized again:) yay!!


Dave is up now though, and we have some running around to do so I'll have to stop reading for today.  I think I'm doing ok with my pace here - hopefully I can keep it up!!

have a great day everyone!  its supposed to snow tonight, I'm excited:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my {not so BLAND life} please leave a comment and let me know what you think, or what you are working on, or what you read, or what you are cooking...or anything! Thanks friend!