March 21, 2011

About time!

I have all 10 books for March, together, at the same time!  LOL!  Funny how March is almost over.  I still have 5 books left to read!  10 days to read 5 books.  That's not so bad, now that I think about it, especially since one is a how to book;)

Anyways, here is my March 10 - all stacked nice and neat - so happy together!!!
My finalized list (I changed it a bit, but the books that got bumped are on the list for April...)
1.  Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
2. a soft place to land by Susan Rebecca White
3. crazy love by Francis Chan
4.  The Happiness Project Gretchen Rubin
5.  Jane Austen Book Club by Karen Joy Fowler
6.  Committed by Elizabeth Gilbert
7.  Sense & Sensibility by Jane Austen
8.  Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
9.  A how to curtain making book (title and author to come - I'm too lazy to go upstairs...lol)
10.  Around my French Table by Dorie Greenspan

That last one I added and switched it's predocessor to April because I've been dying for this book!!  The library "misplaced" it when I requested it earlier this month, so I put one in it's place in case I didn't get it in time.  Then they called and said they found it, so it got it's rightful March place back.

Tonight I'm starting Unbroken, and then I still have S&S, Crazy Love, Hunger Game and the curtain making book to read.  I dont know why it's taking me so long to read this month.  Probably because I was sick, and I've been trying to catch up with everything (reading, house cleaning, laundry, crafts and to do lists) since I've been better.  Usually I read much faster!

I'm trying to create a pattern with the books I read each month.  I want to have variety in what I read, which was one of the main reasons I started this crazy challenge - to experience ALL different kinds of books.  So I've come up with a "blueprint" for each month, sort of.  I'd like to read at least one classic each month, at least one historical type of book, at least one how to book, one cookbook since I really love to cook and need to try new recipes, possibly a biography or an autobiography, and at least one spiritual type book.  I can't promise to stick to this every month - but I want to try so that I don't read the same type of book over and over again.  Others I like to throw in are books from a series, chicklit, and kidlit.  I love kidlit - books written for kids (like Golden Compass and of course HP and the Benedict Society, etc). 

Gosh there are SO many types of books.  If you think of one that I may be interested, book or TYPE of book, please let me know.  I'm always looking for new reads!  I already have 5 or 6 lined up for April and I have them already, the "pic" won't be so late next month!

I think I need to find a fun way to display my 10 books each month - a creative way.  I think stacking them and snapping a pic is boorrrrrring (snore...) anyone have any ideas?  It's not a big deal - its just something I was thinking of as I took the pic of these books all stacked up on the floor of our room.  I'll probably re-take the pic above in a fun way later this week and switch it out!

I love reading, have I said that?  Night!

2 comments:

  1. I love how you've shown them in a stack! I never know exactly what I'm going to read and I'm sure I never have them all together at the same time. This is pretty cool! I've read The Janet Austen Book Club, Hunger Games, and the Happiness Project. Can't wait to hear what you think of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beach Music!!! Even if you don't love it- you will be in awe of the story he paints. You know crazy it is that the littlest details from HP1 (the deluminator) not only show up in the end of the series, but play big roles? I know how much I appreciate an auther who can really tell a story by discribing the world, details, points in the story where they really connet. That's Beach Music. And now that I think about it, I do think you tried one other time to read it. But you should really give it a second chance. I don't think I have a strong history of liking books that suck- so you can trust me =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my {not so BLAND life} please leave a comment and let me know what you think, or what you are working on, or what you read, or what you are cooking...or anything! Thanks friend!