March 6, 2011

NYC project reveal...


 I've been thinking about putting a "label" in each room (city/country) of our house.  Some obvious, some not so much, and none the same as the others.  Anyways, I wanted to start with NYC in the dining room since we are doing some work in there right now.  I originally wanted these to go on the shelf, but they aren't big enough - their size doesn't fit with the shelf.  I looked at the big letters in joAnn, but they looked SO big...too big, but I guess they weren't!  Anyways, I started these and thought I can jazz up a wall with them, and just leave the pic that's on the shelf there for now.  So here is what I started with...

The letters ($1.99 each at joAnn), Modge Podge ($3.99), the Downtown Loft scrapbook paper (on sale from $19.99 to $9.99) and a pack of paintbrushes - I can always use paint brushes ($7.99/pk) plus I had a 40% off coupon so I spend less than $30 on all of it.  Not bad, not bad!  So I cut out pieces of the scrapbook paper I liked the most and modge podged them haphazardly on the letters for a fun but modern look.  I love how it turned out!

 So swanky, right?  I love all the colors together, and there are pops of red and brown/black and camel colors that compliment our walls and furniture, as well as lots of other bright colors introduced into our room for some pop.  I love them!!  I love the subway numbers, and the road signs...some of my faves like Broadway and 5th and Canal...so fun!  Up they go...
 I decided on this part of the wall above the windows for now - its empty space and I've always wanted to put something there!  Here's a whole room view...
 Doesn't it look nice?!?
Ok so I've got some more picture/art/plate hanging to do in here, and then this room is down for now - except for curtains down the road...

I used the command sticky picture hangars on the letters, $4.99/pk at Target.  So if we do decide to move the NYC, its easy to do with minimal damage to our wall.  I love being crafty!

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea. I love modge podge. I'm your newest follower. I would love it if you linked your project up to my link party tomorrow.
    More The Merrier Monday.

    http://diyhshp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! can't wait to come over sometime and see it all together. i love the paper! i was looking for cute but cheap paper for my school portfolio but i couldn't fine any.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my {not so BLAND life} please leave a comment and let me know what you think, or what you are working on, or what you read, or what you are cooking...or anything! Thanks friend!