March 6, 2011

March 10 - Finally:)

Ok, I'm a week late but here is my final list - these are my 10 books for March:

1. Jane Austin Book Club by Karen Joy Fowler
2. a soft place to land by Susan Rebecca White
3. Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
4. Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
5.  The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
6.  Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
7.  Craft book - TBA - I have a few sewing books, I just need to pick one!
8.  Committed by Elizabeth Gilbert
9.  Crazy love by Francis Chan
10.  Maybe this time by Jennifer Crusie

Usually I take a picture of them all stacked up lovely, but I don't have all of them yet - some I ordered off Amazon because the library doesnt carry them, and some the library is holding for me.  So once I have them all, I'll show them off;)

I finished this one:
It was alright.  I liked the parts where they discuss Jane's stories, I loved those parts actually.  I wasn't crazy about the personal stories though.  This book is about a group of women and one man that meet every month and discuss each of Ms. Austen's books.  Every month they meet at a different house, and the host's back story is scattered in with their conversations about the books.  I felt like it moved kinda slow, I wasn't hankering (lol) to pick up this book every minute and finish it.  I trucked on through though, since it's now March 6th and all I have to show is 1 measly book!  Anyways, I give this book a 2.  Not that great.  I love Jane Austen and I didnt think it was that great.  I may rent the movie, just to see if the story grows on me!

Now I am reading:

this one is good so far!  Hopefully can move through this one fast and get it done before/on Tuesday!

I still love reading, even though it's a little hard to fit it in right now.  It helps me relax and balance the business, I'm running fast these days - you should have seen my weekend!!!  I'll give you a run down since Friday: dinner out with Dave, movies.  Saturday: helped parents for 5 hours, shopping at Ross, took pics and loaded up said pics to blog, blogged,  finish NYC letters (takes about an hour a letter), took care of sick hubby, baked cookies, read at night.  Sunday: clipped & organized coupons, cleaned whole first floor, grocery shopped, target shopped, hung said NYC letters, hung pics in dining room, laundry, cooked dinner, blogged, and now I'm going to do more laundry and read!  So reading does help me slow down - I need that in life!!  Oy!! 

Have a great week!

5 comments:

  1. 1) I love that you've been blogging so much. I love reading it!

    2) Crazy Love by Francis Chan is a wonderful book! I read it at the end of the summer and it was just so good. I'm thinking about starting to reread it again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm addicted, what can I say?!?!? I picked that book because of you! I'll dedicate it to you, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed Eat, Pray, Love- so I bet Committed will be good. Sounds like a great list!!!

    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I just found your blog and wanted to let you know that I am a new follower! :) love your blog!Erin

    www.purplebookbloggingmommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my {not so BLAND life} please leave a comment and let me know what you think, or what you are working on, or what you read, or what you are cooking...or anything! Thanks friend!