March 5, 2011

Retail Therapy...

Today, after I helped mom and dad prime, sand, paint and rip up carpet at their house, I felt like I needed a little retail therapy!  So, I headed over to ROSS to see what fun things I could find.  I usually can find great things at our Ross & TJ MAxx...Ross was closer so he won;)  I was looking for "tchotchkes" for our new Ikea shelf in the dining room (funny story, I say the word tchotchke to Dave a week or two ago, and he had no idea what it meant so I told him, now its part of our daily vocab - LOL)    I like the prices at Ross the best too.  I uncovered tons of fun stuff, but I didn't want to spend too much, I wanted to keep the cost around $20.  So here are my spoils of retail war....

 I loved the look of this little white dish, it's purpose is going to be to hold our loose change that we come home and dump everywhere.  We have something like this up in our room, but you never know where our change is going to be thrown in this house.  We usually like to save it up for a long time and then use it for trips (i.e. our honeymoon, Disney, etc.)  Anyways, I thought this dish was very cool!  The cost: $2.29.
 Whats NYC without an apple?  You know, the BIG Apple?  This one is green, but I like that because it adds some accent to the room - there's enough red going on in here.  I have to clean this one up a little bit, you can see the sticky still on it! Priced nicely at $1.99.
 I loved this blue dish at first sight!  It's not going in our dining room though, it prob will find a home up in our soon to be Mediterranean bathroom.  But I had to have it.  Its so bright and cute.  Cost?  $2.99
 I liked the idea of having a teapot just for decor, a pretty white one and this one was perfect!  I love the details on it.  Cost was $5.99.
 This is my favorite find of all!!!  At first I didn't know if I liked it, but once I put the grass from Michael's ($5 and I actually need a little more..) in it and put it on the shelf - I fell in love with it!  It was the priciest thing at $6.99, which is still not too bad in my book!  Don't you love it?!?  Very modern and New York-y!
 So here is the shelf all dolled up now!  I still need to find something.  I'm dying for a yellow NYC taxi tchotchke on this thing - maybe salt & pepper shakers or a little frame or SOMETHING that has an NYC taxi on it.  All our cubby cubes from Tar-jay are on the bottom 4 shelves, so they are sorta out of sight.
The whole pic up there didnt show my cute little green apple, I had to give it a photo shoot...

The total for today with tax was $20.41 at Ross, and $2.16 at Michael's for the grass bringing my total haul to $22.57 - not bad, eh??  Gotta keep that budget under control:)

Ok, back to my book!  Gotta finish, gotta finish...

Linking up to Delightful Order to show off my shelf!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my {not so BLAND life} please leave a comment and let me know what you think, or what you are working on, or what you read, or what you are cooking...or anything! Thanks friend!