March 17, 2011

Oh what a week!

Oh man!  I'm finally starting to feel better!  Yay!!  My head feels clear, I don't feel flu-ish, my congestion is still kicking but less fiercely.  The only problem is, I'm still really tired.  I can't seem to kick that yet - but hopefully tomorrow I will feel more energy.  I haven't clocked a lot of shut eye the past two nights.  Tuesday was the sad, sad anniversary of Dave's fathers passing - we had a late night of being with family and remembering such a wonderful man.  Then, last night...this happened:
Poor Dave!!!  He has been so sick too, but he hasn't been getting better:(  He has this terrible cough and wheezing and pain in his chest, so we went to the ER last night to get him checked out.  He's ok - DR thinks its a bad virus or a minor case of pneumonia.  But alas, we were there from 6:30 to 11pm - not a great way to spend an evening after working all day (but totally worth it for him feeling better!).  This is him getting a bunch of breathing treatments (he sanctioned this blog mention, btw!) because of his crackling, wheezy lungs.  Poor baby, feel better soon!!

So that is why I haven't been sleeping too well the last few nights!  Whew!  No celebrating St. Pattys Day for the Blands, this year anyways.  However, I did make a delightful Irish dinner: Irish Shepherd's Pie with warm bread, it was SO yummy, look:

Its a beef and veggie dish with mashed potatoes baked on top.  DE-licious!  That's our St Pattys Day celebration, that and sitting on the couch for the rest of the night.  Being sick really stinks.  Especially if it's a virus, which we think I may have too since he does its just not as bad with me - viruses just make you so tired!

But enough of that ick - i - ness!! 

Since Dave & Ash both have bad allergies sometimes, and we are on a quest to be healthier as a family overall (pretend you don't see that huge 1000 calorie dinner pic up there!) I have decided to slowly change over all our household products to all-natural supplies.  There are so many options in this area.  In the one blog I adore, a bowl full of lemons , the host of this blog sells Shaklee products.  Once I read about the Basic H product I was sold. Then I read how BAD regular cleaning products are for you and your household (words like allergies and cancer were thrown at me!) I was REALLY sold.  So after lots of research I ordered the Basic H product AND the Scour Off product which is for deep cleaning like on and in the stove, etc. 


The Basic H comes in a 16oz bottle and then you can put it in the dripper bottle and so LITTLE of it goes into the spray bottles full of water.  Its SO economic, first of all.  For instance, the window cleaner - if you just uses that Basic H bottle for window cleaner (1-2 drops to a full spray bottle of water) it equals something like 5,800 bottles of Windex?!?!  Um, hello???  That's awesome!  Plus it's all natural qualities that will keep our house clean will being good for US and the environment is all good times!!

Theres another line called Norwex and a few friends of mine are hosting parties for this line.  I still want to check out their all natural products too - they seem to have a lot of good stuff but nothing equivalent to this awesome stuff. 

That is my quest to making our home more healthy and green.  I never really cared about that before, but if it helps US be more healthy I'm all for it.  Does anyone else use these products?  I can't wait to start cleaning with them this weekend, I wish I could now but I have not the energy!  I'll let you know how I like them when I do!

Oh and book 4 is The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin.  I love it so far! 
Reviews and love about this book hopefully tomorrow.  I have some serious catching up to do on reading - I can do it!

I hope everyone is having a great week.  Mine is looking up!  I have got lots of projects to do this weekend, including a Budget Box and jazzing up my guest bedroom and craft room.  That means lots of organizing - oooo that excites me! 

1 comment:

  1. Great, great post!!!! Im so glad you like your Shaklee. :)

    Toni

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my {not so BLAND life} please leave a comment and let me know what you think, or what you are working on, or what you read, or what you are cooking...or anything! Thanks friend!